Wednesday 7 August 2013

What do you mean you eat?



The one thing that really gets my back up is people ASSUMING that I must have starved myself to lose weight, WRONG ,WRONG, WRONG!.

I know I have worked damn hard to ensure I am eating right, eating enough and people thinking I took the easy way and just starved myself is frankly insulting.

I actually eat a lot, and I try to eat every 2-3 hours to ensure that I keep that metabolism pumping.  I often re-jig my eating plans around depending on certain goals I have set myself, this keeps me interested in what I’m going and often helps me focus when I’ve gone off track a bit.

When I was focusing on actual weight loss, I used to count calories this kept me on track and also allowed me to see what I was putting into my body and how much I need to give me the energy to workout. Remember food is fuel when you’re working out you need to re fuel your body to allow it to heal and grow and most importantly burn the fat. If you don’t eat enough your body is going to cling to that fat for dear life. So it’s important to reassess regularly depending on your goals to make sure you are eating enough, or to make sure you’re not going the other way and eating too much. It really is a complete balancing act.
At the moment I am trying to build muscle, get stronger and leaner so I am focusing on high protein foods every few hours. 

I love breakfast and it’s my favourite meals. I say meals because I do all of my workouts in the morning so this is when I need the most food to fuel my body to give me the energy to do the crazy workouts I do.
I am currently doing the insanity 60 day challenge I am on the second week and it’s very hard, very demanding but I absolutely love it. Once I’ve managed to convince myself to press play.

I do all of my workouts in the morning. Mainly because I am an early riser anyway, but also it gets it out of the way, I don’t have a chance to talk myself out of it or make up excuses as to why I can’t do it, I get up get it done and then get on with the rest of my day.  I also find it helps me feel energised for the rest of my day and I find on days I don’t go I am a lot more lethargic and strangely this is normally the days I crave junk food and want to eat more.

So I wake up at 4.15 every day (this really isn’t as early as it sounds ;) ) – I start the day with a frozen banana. I love this because it’s cold and refreshing when you just wake up and you can take your time eating it. The first hour of the day is MY peaceful time; I can catch up with the Kardashians, read the papers, and watch the soaps all in peaceful bliss whilst my boyfriend snores away in the next room.

5.15 I do my insanity workout depending on which day I’m on. This usually takes between 30 -40 minutes.
I then have around half an hour to “rest” and get ready for the gym J On these days I will have 5 eggs whites scrambled they are full of protein and really filling but without making you too full to work out. When I don’t do insanity I will have an earlier breakfast and I will take my time both cooking and eating it. My favourite indulgent breakfast at the moment is an egg white omelette. To this I add onions, peppers, cherry tomato, spinach and feta. So not only is it packed full of protein but you’re practically getting your five a day in one meal!!

I then go to the gym for 50 minutes which is the most I can fit it before having to get ready for work  - At the moment because my focus is getting stronger and leaner I am pushing most of my focus onto weights. I generally do about 20mins cardio to warm up, and them 30 minutes weights. I am to do 8 reps of whatever weight I am doing and when I can do 8 easily I go up a higher weight. I focus on one body part daily so either arms, legs or abs. I am completely new to this, so I still have a lot of research and reading to do on the subject but I am just trying to lift heavier, whilst keeping form and trying to push myself each day.
So after the gym its breakfast number three - I have a bowl of no added sugar muesli, with a tablespoon of peanut butter, topped with a  chocolate protein shake instead of milk. It’s absolutely delish, tastes like it should be naughty, but it’s full of goodness.



Then at roughly 10.30 I will eat two boiled eggs or a chicken thigh (yum yum) 

12.30 It’s a tuna salad, with loads of lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomato and spinach
15.00 It’s a chocolate smooth protein shake mixed with water.
17.30 Its Dinner/Tea Time and for this meal I always try and cook something different. Because the rest of 

my day is pretty similar day to day this is the one times I can experiment and eat some variety.

Tonight it was something that looked like this...


 
So there you go, I do eat... ALOT!
Love

Me xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog, I see you haven't been writing for a while that's a shame, would like to read how are you feeling with your body confidence, I am also trying to lose weight and it's true you can eat lots while being super healthy, for me the key is exercise but I am not sure I could be up at 4.15! xx

    ReplyDelete