Monday 5 August 2013

My Loose Lips Start Talking!

Hello World!

My Names Lisa, I am a 26 year old woman who in the past 3 years has been down, up and back again and I’m looking to use this blog as an outlet for me and to hopefully help and inspire others who maybe have similar confidence and body issues.



I have been on a long quest for happiness now and I think I have come to realise that happiness doesn’t come down to just one thing. Happiness is a fleeting emotion and sometimes you don’t realise you were happy until sadness strikes.

I naively thought that being overweight was the reason I was unhappy and that by being “skinny” I would find this magic happiness and life would be perfect.

However happiness isn’t a certain body shape, a dress size, or a gap between your thighs it’s something far more and far less. Having lost over 6 stone I am still left with the same baggage, the same insecurities and I still have “fat” days, I just do it wearing a size 10 dress instead.

Happiness is the small things in life, and these small things add up however we have to acknowledge all the small things and appreciate them when they happen. This is something that as humans we struggle with, as if you’re happy you are seen as gloating or boastful and instead we are drawn to bitterness and negativity which is draining.

However to help reach my own goal of happiness I decided to get healthy and the losing weight part came along with that. The thing I am most proud of is not that I am smaller and thinner but that I set out do something and I stuck at it. I never gave up and if anyone knows me they know I do not have the best willpower I am dippy and silly and I have a short attention span.



But...

I now LOVE going to the gym, I love working out and being active, I love eating healthy and cooking new meals and slowly day by day I'm trying to learn to love myself even if my arse is still wobbly and my tummy sticks out.

So this blog is my chance to rant, it’s a massive step for me as I do tend to bottle it all up, but I’m hoping I can use this as a sort of therapy and maybe I can help other people along the way who want to learn about healthy eating and positive thoughts.

Off for a green tea now, cooking tea for my darling sister later so I’ll try and post some pictures.

Love 

Me
xx

3 comments:

  1. Well done Lisa, you look fab:) but you looked fab before! You're right though, too fat, too thin, too tall, too short... Something is always playing on our minds:/
    Great blog:) I love your sisters rants too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Lisa. This blog is true and real. Looking forward to more :) Well done and glad you enjoying exercise. I like exercising, good for mentally and physically strength ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! Very proud of you for taking a massive step and starting this! xx

    ReplyDelete