Monday 12 August 2013

Monday Motivation

So Monday's are always perfect for starting fresh, whether its a new diet or a new routine for me it's all about motivation on Monday's!


I've decided after 18 months of mainly focusing on cardio i wanted a change i've tried doing weights before but never really had to confidence to stick at it.. its hard to know what your doing and i've always felt like i should just stick to the cardio. I really want to change my body, yes I've lost the weight but i want to look like I'm fit and strong.

After a weekend of reading up on weightlifting and really doing some research i found a brilliant plan on bodybuilding.com by Jim Stoppani which is a 12 week plan for beginners. It talks you through step my step what to do, how many reps/sets and when to step it up a notch.

This really appealed to me as im always better when there's a plan in place and i'm told what to do. I'm going to keep a log to ensure i keep pushing myself and to see if i am getting stronger.


Barbell Bench Press - 15kg 12 reps x 3 sets
Bent Over Row Barbell - 15kg 12 reps x 3 sets
Squats - 10kg 12 reps x 3 Sets
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10kgs 8 Reps x 3 Sets
Lat Pull Down - 25kg 10 Reps x 3 Sets
Barbell Curl - 10kg 8 Reps x 3 Sets
Standing Calf Raise - 35kg 12 reps x 3 Sets
60 Crunches

I know i'm not all that strong yet ;) but i was really focusing on my form and my arms are aching already, so it must be working!

So this is plan for 3 days a week for the first 3 weeks so i am going to do some cardio in between as well as insanity however my main focus is going to be lifting weights and hopefully getting stronger and leaner.

I'm a complete novice so if anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated!  <3

Hope your Monday was just as motivating :)


Love Me xx

No comments:

Post a Comment